Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, November 19, 2010

Book Trailers - Love Them or Hate Them

Lots of authors are making video book trailers now to promote their books. What do you think about book trailers--love them or hate them? Maybe you're just neutral.

Today is the last stop on my Blog Book Tour for Night Watch at KK Brees. I'm blogging about book trailers and have links for my two newest trailers for Night Watch and for Dangerous Hearts. I'm also wearing the T-shirt my publisher gave me with the Passenger to Paradise logo on it! Hope you can stop by.

Don't forget my contest. The winner will receive an autographed copy of Night Watch. Just leave a comment at each site where I've been guest blogging as my Blog Book Tour. It's not too late to go back and comment on my earlier stops. The schedule is below:

Nov. 11 - Patricia Stoltey
Nov. 12 - Nancy Williams
Nov. 15 - AlexCavanaugh
Nov. 16 - Marian Allen
Nov. 17 - Bodie Parkhurst
Nov. 18 - Thoughts in Progress
Nov. 19 - K. K. Brees

4 comments:

N. R. Williams said...

I'm headed on lover Monti. book trailers? That is something I need to learn more about.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Chris Phillips said...

I like book trailers. I think it's a good way to have something to link to a blog or website. I do, however, think more authors should steer away from using their jacket copy set to music. If I've already read a synopsis I do no want to read it again set to music. I think, like a movie preview, there should be excerpts read aloud like clips. I think they can be helpful if done right.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

That's a good suggestion, Chris. I like the idea of excerpts set to music. Thanks for that suggestion!

Nancy, you have learned so much since you first set up your blog last summer in Dani's class. I added the international counter like you have!

Patricia Stoltey said...

It took awhile, but I've decided I like book trailers a lot. The best ones are less than two minutes, I think.