Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, March 7, 2011

Travel, Florida, and Embassy Suites

We love to travel to Palm Beach, Florida each year for St. Louis Cardinals spring training in their beautiful Jupiter facility. Over the past several years, while trying out different hotel facilities, we discovered the Palm Beach Gardens Embassy Suites.

Bach and Beethoven, the resident swans, add a peaceful ambiance to the lobby. While we were there, a wedding took place in front of the bridge that is part of the swan sanctuary. Last year, the manager explained to us that this is the nation's number one Embassy Suites property.

We look forward to breakfast that is included each day. Eggs are cooked to order and served with a variety of breakfast meats. Almost anything you could want is on the breakfast buffet, and I imagine if it is not, they will try to get it for you.

An added bonus, each evening at the manager's reception, you may run into one of the baseball players staying at the hotel. If not, there are plenty of other enthusiastic fans to talk with you.

If I were writing another Hotels to Remember , I would definitely consider including this property in my book. It's a place I like to visit again and again.

Orchids in the lobby - MM Sikes

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You are devoted to your team, Mary!

N. R. Williams said...

Beautiful pictures. You have a wonderful life, Mary.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Sharon Reece said...

Beautiful post with beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for sharing our book interview on your FB.

Amy Sikes said...

The photos are beautiful! I'm glad y'all had such a good time! :)

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Nancy. I've been very fortunate.

Thanks, Sharon. I love photos. Good luck with your book.

Thanks, Amy. I think the swans are beautiful and we love that hotel!

Unknown said...

Nice photos! Thanks for sharing!

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

I'm no baseball fan but I'll bet there's plenty other things to do. I would love to be there right now.
Have a great time, Mary

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Mary. We're back home and looking forward to spring here! There are lots of things to do, but I never seem to do them. Stay on the baseball fields instead!

Daisy Hickman said...

So wonderful! Reminds me of the Memphis Peabody ducks ... also somewhere in Florida, right? :) Thanks, Monti, for sharing this ... I can almost imagine how sunny and lovely ...

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Daisy. I've heard about the Peabody ducks but have never seen them. It was nice and warm in Jupiter this year. Last year we never took off our winter coats!!!