Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, June 17, 2011

Art for Science Fiction

"Jupiter Rising" with Olen in reception room, Womancare
Science fiction images intrigue me. They always have.

Today, I had a chance to revisit a painting I created a few years ago. This acrylic painting on canvas, "Jupiter Rising," is owned by Womancare of Williamsburg. It is part of a series in which I painted planet images in unusual ways, sometimes with forceful waves crashing in front of the fantasy planet.

Because I enjoy this type of imagery so much I often wonder if I should write science fiction or fantasy.

Perhaps not. After all, it is the imagery I love, not the fantasy writing.

What kinds of images do you like? Do you enjoy science fiction or fantasy? Does the imagery you prefer influence your writing in any way?

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a cool painting you created, Monti! Maybe you should write science fiction.

Marian Allen said...

I don't know if the images influence the writing or the writing influences the images, or if I just like sf/fantasy writing AND sf/fantasy art. How's that for a weasely answer? lol!

Beautiful painting!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Enid Wilson said...

You're so talented! I love the painting. I'm writing a sci-fi romance right now and I think you should try it too. It's so good to break all the rules.

Chemical Fusion

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Alex, Marian, and Enid. I do love the idea of science fiction and fantasy, but I've never read any. Maybe I just like the pictures!s