Not having my computer with all my files and photos on it is really hard. Normally, I work on something every day, especially during the weekend and on Mondays after tennis. Now I don't have access to any of my files. The laptop is a convenience to take a look at e-mails, but I really miss my usual tools and my normal e-mail format in Outlook. Although my husband and daughters are working diligently on getting back my hard drive, I don't know what will happen. I will probably get a new computer since I understand that old ones wear out. I didn't realize I had owned this one long enough for it to wear out. Time has a way of slipping by.
I now have some resolutions to keep once my life is back up and running.
1. Use a flash fob to back up new files each day.
2. Have an auxiliary computer as a backup in the event of computer failure.
3. Store photos in My Documents, not on the "C" Drive.
4. Make copies of important photos and other work on CDs.
5. Learn more about Drop Box and make use of that free storage space.
I'm thankful so many people are willing to help. Eventually, I'll have another computer holding my life in its clutches. I hope I'll know better then and will not take my electronic life for granted!