Daddy's Christmas Angel

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Busy, Crazy, Insane Weekend and a New Book

Holiday Marketplace at Tides Inn
Combining a book signing with an art event is trying, cumbersome, and exhilarating. For as long as I can remember my first love has been both, and try as I might I can't seem to change that. The love of color and form is far too strong to separate myself from art, and my love of words is equally compelling. It has reached the point that when I didn't still have the painting that became the cover art for Jungle Jeopardy, I had to create a new painting to show with my book. There it is, far left, in the photograph.

Earlier this week, I received the first copies of my latest book, A Rainbow for Christmas. This is my first western. It's a sweet romance set in 1869 on a wagon train traveling from Missouri to Denver, Colorado. During my research I read the dairies of many women who experienced the hardships of crossing the prairie amidst all types of challenges. I was intrigued and lost in the journey of my heroine as she careened along a rough wagon train trail learning to drive a team of oxen along the way. It was thrilling to sign the first copies of my book in the middle of a festive room at Tides Inn filled with artisans of all kinds, including jewelry-makers, painters, potters, and two writers.

Crazy, busy! I love the excitement. Art and writing. I live for the confusing mixture of the two!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You have a new book??? That is awesome, Monti!!!!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Alex!!!

Mary Montague Sikes

Shannon Lawrence said...

Congratulations! Wow, I can't imagine how exciting, but hectic, it would be doing a book signing and art show. Good luck with your new book!

Shannon at The Warrior Muse gearing up for the upcoming 2012 A to Z Challenge!