Daddy's Christmas Angel

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Did Santa Bring a Kindle for Christmas?

Bob Parlier of the Petersburg Progress-Index interviewed me about Daddy's Christmas Angel. See the article in today's newspaper.

Daddy's Christmas Angel 

Did you get a new Kindle for Christmas? Are you already a Kindle owner?

My publisher, Oak Tree, just put my new novel, Daddy's Christmas Angel on Kindle at the special price of $0.99. This special will last until January 1, 2013 when the Kindle price goes back to $5.95.

Of all the books I've written, this is my favorite. It's a heartwarming story that appeals to people of all ages. Teachers especially will enjoy this story.

"Angel of the Holy Cross" pastel painting copyright MMSikes
If you've read my book, please let me know what you think!

Here is my latest angel painting for Christmas 2012. I created this pastel in mid-December and had not planned the cross necklace. It suddenly became an important part of the painting as I was working on that section of the drawing. That's when the name, "Angel of the Holy Cross," came to me, relating it to the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona AZ. The face of the angel developed from using the catalog cover photo of a young brunette woman as reference material. I wanted my angel to be generic, not someone I know. I also wanted the viewer to be able to see the angel as someone in his/her life. The wing forms in the painting came from my love of patterning.

Each year, the angel I create for Christmas becomes my favorite, so, of course, "Angel of the Holy Cross" is my favorite now.

At least, so far...

--Mary Montague Sikes

6 comments:

Judy said...

Yes, Santa did in fact bring me a brand new kindle and I am going to download your new book right now!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Wonderful, Judy. Please let me know what you think!

Judy said...

Monti, I bought it AND read it all tonight! I loved it - Kathleen was adorable and I loved Joe and Evelyn. A great feel good book, which I love. Thank you for a wonderful time between the covers of your book!!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Judy! Would love it if you posted what you wrote here on Amazon!

Judy said...

I would be happy to do that, Monti!!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Judy, thank you so much. I see it up on Amazon!