Daddy's Christmas Angel

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

U is for Unicorn - A Painting a Day

"Unicorn" acrylic painting Mary Montague Sikes

A to Z Challenge

For today, "U" is for Unicorn in A Painting a Day for the A to Z Challenge. Unicorn isn't a real animal, I've been told. Still, it's a fascinating one, and one that fills the imagination.

I created this art using a photo I took in Colorado for my resource. This is 14" x 11" acrylic on stretched canvas.

Hope everyone is continuing to enjoy the Challenge.

6 comments:

Marian Allen said...

I LIKE that unicorn! It looks wild! Wow, I can't believe you've been able to keep this up, and at such high quality, too!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Amy Sikes said...

I think you captured the spirit of a unicorn perfectly!

Unknown said...

I love Unicorns....I truly wish they were real. Wonderful use of color

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And he looks so surprised!

Michael Di Gesu said...

I've always loved unicorns... such nobel literary creatures.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Marian, I'm glad you like the unicorn! Thank you!

Thanks, Amy. I know how much you love unicorns.

Julia, thanks for visiting. Maybe unicorns were real...once!

Alex, he does look surprised.

Yes, Michael, unicorns were special creatures in literature. Thanks for visiting!