Daddy's Christmas Angel

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pastel Painting Workshop - What's Your Favorite Painting Medium?



"Blue Pond" - pastel ©Mary Montague Sikes
On Saturday, May 4, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., I'm teaching a pastel workshop at This Century Art Gallery Education Center. I would love to work with any of you in the Williamsburg, Virginia area who are interested in learning more about this wonderful and direct drawing/painting medium. For artists of all levels, this is an opportunity to develop your skills while meeting others with similar interests.

From the first moment I discovered pastels, I was hooked. I admired the works of Mary Cassatt and Edgar Degas. Whenever I see a pastel painting in an art show, I am immediately drawn to it.

What is your favorite painting medium? Do you have more than one that you especially like?

2 comments:

Chuck said...

I love your work in pastel. I would enjoy watching you create these art pieces.

I am working my way backwards to the A-Z posts of your acrylics I have missed. My catching up has been.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Chuck! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workshop!