Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, July 7, 2014

Using Quotes With Images We Can Pin

In recent months, I have grown more interested in adding images to Pinterest. I haven't added a lot, but I have pinned photographs from my blog on a weekly basis. Today, I discovered--thanks to Dani At Blogbooktours--an interesting post about how to get more shares on social media. The post describes ways to design and use image quotes. It also tells about Quozio.com as one of the websites that will help you make a shareable quote.

Another site mentioned is  Recite This. I tried it with my favorite Albert Einstein quote. More photo options are available than with Quozio, so it is another one to check out.

I'm also experimenting with Canva which features a lot of options for using your own designs. However, I have not figured out how to use image quote I created on my blog. Also, I did not like the feature that when I posted to Twitter, I could not change the wording they inserted. I also saw no way to post on Pinterest.

This is really a promising tool to use for promotion and just for fun. Unfortunately, it is also another way to drain the limited time a writer has each day. However, most of us enjoy quotes, so this is a method to make better use of them.

If you try any of the sites, please let me know what works for you. So far, I like Quozio best because it's easy and quick to use.







8 comments:

Murees Dupè said...

Its always exciting to try new things. It is good that you are enjoying the experience.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Dani would know! Not on Pinterest, but hope it helps you to post quotes there.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

You are right, Murees, it's exciting to try something new. With the Internet that is a constant thing. Thanks for the visit.

Alex, I'm still experimenting and don't really have the time right now. Dani knows all! Thanks!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'll have to try that. I tend to forget Pinterest.

Stephanie Faris said...

Fun! I usually just steal the ones created by other people, but I don't use Pinterest--just Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. I know Pinterest is becoming very popular.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Diane, they all have possibilities, but I get sidetracked by them and fail to work on the novel project.

Stephanie, I don't do Instagram and need to check it out.

Crystal Collier said...

Awesome. You just took this to a whole deeper level than I can manage right now, but whew! Way to take initiative and get out there. I like Pinterest, but don't spending nearly enough time there. Too busy wrangling kids I guess.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Enjoy wrangling the kids, Crystal. That time is all too short!