Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, April 3, 2017

"B" is for Belief - #Blogging A to Z Challenge 2017

"Belief, Spirit Visions" ©Mary Montague Sikes
For the A to Z Challenge, I am using a selection of my Spirit Visions paintings. Today, the word "belief" comes to me. This is my little watercolor, "Belief".

What does the word belief mean to you? Is it a spiritual word?









Belief

Colors blur my vision and I wonder why.
Do I look at the world through rose-colored glasses?
Is quiet color hidden from view?
Colors blend and blur, and I believe.

What I see and what I know are different.
I see less than what I believe.
But sometimes what I see is more.
Sometimes new colors lie hidden in the realm.

My journey nears its end, and I see less than before.
Colors grow more quiet, but I believe more.
Is blue more perfect than purple?
On this journey, did I learn to believe? 

-Mary Montague Sikes




4 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - love this Belief and B for blue ... watercolour blue ... love the colours .. cheers Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Belief and blue - couldn't have matched that up better.

Birgit said...

Blue is the perfect colour for this word, Belief. I love your poem and I think the subtle colours can bring belief to its realization. We can sometimes get sidetracked by the bold reds and yellows when what we need are the calm blues but love the yellow hint in your art work. Sometimes all we have to hold on to is belief.

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

I equate belief with trust. Belief in a person's integrity earns my trust. Your poem offered a colorful visual of advancing age. Thank you for sharing the vivid blue of your artwork.

http://poetryfromthelanai.blogspot.com