Daddy's Christmas Angel

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

"O" is for Optimism - #A to Z Blogging Challenge 2017

In my Spirit Visions journey, I have chosen Optimism for my "O" post. I don't know that optimism is considered a spiritual word, but to me it is. Optimism gives hope. Without hope, we are lost. My painting today is another small, 4" x 6", image. Do the colors and the movement in this picture leave you with a sense of optimism?

"Optimism, Spirit Voices" ©Mary Montague Sikes


Optimism

Above the plains, sharp fragrances rise.
Through winding vines, lifeblood flows.
Souls of many colors push forward,
Pursuing the other side of the horizon.

Optimism lures seekers from their homes.
The other side of the hill holds treasure.
The other side of the mountain hides the unknown.
The sure-footed traveler moves forward.

Optimism leads to the dark side of the moon.
Its secrets lie hidden in the pages of a book
Or within the lines of a long-lost map.
Optimism looks and finds it there.

New scents are sweet and soft.
The vines grow ever stronger.
Souls march to the sound of a different beat
And another horizon grows near.

Mary Montague Sikes


 

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I see a frog!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Optimism is a much better way to look at life.

Birgit said...

The colours are so ...so nice and I see arrows pointing forward..

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Alex, I keep seeing it, too, and would like for it to go away!

You are right, Diane.

Birgit, arrows are nicer than the frog!