Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, April 28, 2017

"X" is for Xanadu - #A to Z Blogging Challenge 2017

"X" is for Xanadu, a very special place in space. I love the popular song, "Xanadu". I admire the gallery in Scottsdale, Arizona by that name and its owner, Jason Horejs. I consider Xanadu to be a hidden place with all the colors I could ever imagine. It is a sanctuary and a retreat that is the subject of my current painting series. Today's image is one of my favorites and the first of the series. Its new owner fell in love with it just as I did while painting it.

"Xanadu" ©Mary Montague Sikes
Xanadu

Tear-filled eyes consider the beauty and success
That conclude a long and tedious march.
The journey came following the star of peace.
It brought requiem and closure to a troubled mind.

The planet Earth is the war planet
That always was and always will be barbaric.
Those seeking peace must find their own sanctuaries
Hidden in the dream world of Xanadu.

Poetic words lead the way into the universe.
Those who walk to the sound of a different drummer
Are sometimes lost along the path that leads
Through purple valleys and pink hillsides.

Watch the brush of an artist as it moves through space.
See the touch of the musician's fingers.
Hear the sounds of a melodious band.
You have reached Xanadu, your destination.

Mary Montague Sikes
 

 

3 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Xandadu was a cheesy bad movie, but I loved the music, too.

Birgit said...

Oh this painting is striking because I love the colours. I can see why the person bought this piece. I think of the great poem rather than that horrible movie, which was my X post by the way:).

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Diane and Birgit, I don't remember the movie, but the song is one that does not leave my mind! Thanks for following my journey of paintings and poetry.