Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, February 9, 2018

Five Authors I Would Like to Meet Would Include William Shakespeare

Six-toed Cat at Hemingway house ©MM Sikes
Much to my surprise, for week six of the 52-week blog challenge for Marketing for Romance Writers, I realized I would like to meet William Shakespeare. The fiction series, "Will", intrigued me and made me more interested in the back story behind Shakespeare's work. I wonder if any of the TV story lines are fact-based.

Ernest Hemingway is another author from the past I would like to meet. Key West is one of my favorite destinations, and I love visiting the Hemingway displays at the waterfront museum. I also enjoyed a visit to his home where I got to see the six-toed cats.

Of course, being almost from Richmond, Virginia, I treasure the words of Edgar Allen Poe. I especially love his poem, "Annabelle Lee", as well as most of his short stories.

As a member of Romance Writers of America, I attended every annual conference for many years and got to meet lots of authors. Once, in Chicago, I chatted with Janet Evanovich and was amazed to hear from her that she was leaving Love Swept and branching out on her own. You know where all of that went. She made the right move.

Ruth Montgomery's work has always intrigued me. I would love to meet her and discuss her paranormal writing.

So many wonderful authors. I would like to meet many others as well.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds like you've met some good ones already. I met Terry Brooks many years ago.
Ultimately there is only one author I really want to meet - the author of the Bible.

Molly Daniels said...

At RT Chicago 2012, the line was too long (and out of our price range) to meet Sue Grafton and Anne Rice, so my friend and I gleefully sat in their chairs after they left:) If we couldn't get close to them, we could at least sit behind their tables:)

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Alex, I agree with you!!!

Molly, that sounds like fun. Did you sign autographs for them as well?

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've met a lot of authors, so I'm not sure who else I would want to meet. Napoleon Hill would've been fascinating.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - it's always interesting seeing who perhaps we'd like to meet ... I guess Shakespeare or perhaps another from that era, so I could compare notes! Dickens, Mary Wollstonecraft, Lucy Maud Montgomery, Mark Twain ... and many others ... Cheers Hilary