Daddy's Christmas Angel

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Unfettered, We Follow Our Star - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Following the Star" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Unfettered, We Follow Our Star" is my phrase for today in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. These words have great meaning for me, for over the years I have, mostly unfettered, followed my vision and my star. How fortunate I have been.

"Following the Star" is today's painting. It's another encaustic (oil) on board, and it represents the phrase well. In this art work, a crowd is moving in the direction of the star which is bright yellow. The crowd is raised in the image, and there are other elements for the imagination.

Are you following your star? How?






1 comment:

Birgit said...

I do follow my star even if there are bumps along the way. I think this does capture the mood of this saying. I can't help but think of the afterlife and doesn't it feel warm and friendly