Daddy's Christmas Angel

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Writing about Art - 2018 A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Searching for Xanadu" ©Mary Montague Sikes
For a few years, I have participated in the A to Z Blogging Challenge, so once again I have signed up to write 26 blog posts in April. It is productive for me and, of course, challenging. My plans are to pick one (or a part of one) of my paintings and write about it each day. It is fun and intriguing to know some of the artist's thoughts as she creates new work. For "A" I have selected the word, artful to describe today's painting.

As an artist, I wish to explore beauty and hope in a troubled universe. I am forever searching for Xanadu and believe it exists as the first of the heavenly planets that lie just beyond our universe. We must take "an artful journey" to find and understand this exotic place where color is beyond description and there is only love for all living beings.

I hope that we will learn to understand and appreciate all things beautiful.I will share what I learn while "Searching for Xanadu".
A to Z Challenge

3 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - it'll be a learning curve seeing what you come up with from the point of view of Art - love the idea of creative art ... your eye could be all seeing ... cheers Hilary

Birgit said...

Great piece of rat you created. I not only love the. Colours but I love the webbing look...it looks like that to me

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That piece is beautiful.