Organization is a key element.
1. Make lists. That's so you don't forget something essential, like a major deadline or a blog appearance. Post it by or near your computer.
2. Designate a block of days, dates, or weeks--time you will use only for a certain writing project, or, in my case, art projects as well. If you are taking a workshop or class, segment that time period and don't schedule anything else to interfere with your concentration.
3. Keep a Date Book next to you on your desk. Put everything in it. Blog appearances, book signings, business appointments.
4. Make a Second Date Book Copy to take with you. (Some of you may put this in your phone or iPad, but I prefer the "reach and look" method for my purposes.)
|"Landing Softly" - ©MMSikes|
6. Place Photographs in Computer Files where you can find them. Pictures enhance blogs and your other writing.
7. Keep an Idea Notebook Close at Hand - Jot down ideas for your stories, novels, and blogs. You never know when an idea will strike. Carry your notebook with you while traveling in a car or watching television.
These are only a few thoughts on organization. We all want our writing to have a smooth journey and a safe landing in the proper place.
What are your ideas on this subject?
Mary Montague Sikes