Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, March 25, 2013

Blogging A to Z - What To Do

I've joined the A to Z Blog Challenge for the last couple of years and really enjoyed being a part of the amazing event. For this year, I've been wondering what to do and have decided on a real challenge for me!

Months ago, I started reading about artists who create a painting a day. It's inspiring. It improves their art. It makes the artist work. It helps with art sales. It's fun. Also, it's grueling and it's daunting! That's why I'm going to give making a painting a day a try. And I'm going to make it my A to Z challenge. Hopefully this will be the challenge I need to finally Just Do It!

"Just for Fun" acrylic © Mary Montague Sikes
Can I do it?

I don't know. But I'll try.

Here's a sample. I'm 322 on the challenge list. Please visit and let me know what you think about the art I post.

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Fine idea, Mary! And fits you so well.

Rebeccah Giltrow said...

Hello, just popping by to wish you luck with this challenge, and my goodness you've certainly got a challenge. I will be stopping back throughout April to see your artwork :)

http://rebeccahgiltrow.blogspot.co.uk/p/a-to-z.html

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Alex, thanks. Hope I can do it!

Rebeccah, Thanks so much for "popping" by. Hope I can live up to the challenge!

Chancelet said...

That's an amazing idea. I hope to catch you every time. Unfortunately, my job's gotten stricter on internet use, so I'll have to do most of my reading at home and I get home late! Maybe I'll look into getting hotspot through my cell phone and bring my laptop to work!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, LaRhonda. Please don't get in trouble at work!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

You are amazingly talented! A painting a day sounds daunting but then I'm woefully unartistic. I love this one! I look forward to your A to Z posts.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Karen. It does sound daunting. Hope I haven't taken on more than I can handle!

Julie Flanders said...

This is such a great idea, I know your posts will be awesome.

I'm one of the A-Z Minions and just wanted to stop by to say hello! Good luck with the Challenge. :)

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Julie, for stopping. I'll be following some of you when I step out of my studio every now and then.