Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, April 7, 2017

"F" is for Faith - #A to Z Blogging Challenge 2017

Last night as we drove home, I saw the most glorious sky. The oranges glowed in a way that no artist could paint them. It was after the wind and the storm. It reminded me of the faith we all must have as we journey through dark times. There is beauty and glory on the other side. Today, "F" is for Faith. I am stepping away from my little "Spirit Visions" and showing you a painting that is one of the largest in the series, 30" x 22". The orange reminds me a little of the sky last night, and I think of the hymn, "My Faith Looks Up to Thee".


"Faith, Spirit Visions" ©Mary Montague Sikes
Faith

Through the wind and in the rain
I see great glory hidden in the branches.
A hint of orange peeks through the trees
And lifts new colors to the sky.

Thoughts hide inside clouds.
Did you know that?
Sometimes they appear as colored lights
Always reaching skyward.

Think about the journey you take each day.
You step forward with no one holding your hand.
But there is someone gone before you.
Did you know that?

When I rush into the darkness of my heart,
I will remember the new colors in the sky
And someone waiting to hold my hand.
Through faith, I know that.

Mary Montague Sikes 


 

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amen! There is beauty and peace after a storm.
Beautiful painting for faith.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Alex. I love color!

Birgit said...

It is like a rainbow and your poem and beautiful painting really seems to sum up faith. I love the poem but I really love your painting and it makes me think of my brushos to use

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

The wind and the rain are almost tangible in today's painting, nicely complemented by your poem.

Musings Over Poetry

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - I love colour and how it is derived ... it's so fascinating. Last night I was at an astronomy talk ... about colours - can they help us find another earth ... way, way out their in galaxy land and beyond. I find it fascinating ... we talked about Monet and his blueish snow ... and I came back to think about various things I've seen on synesthesia ...

Sorry - that will take me down an erudite road ... I'm not really on at the moment - but we did talk about animal eyes reflecting light - hence their colour: that we see ...

Your art and its colour is just gorgeous to see ... and the poems that go so well ... cheers - Hilary

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Birgit, thank you. Make one of your wonderful cards.

Thank you, Gail.

Hilary, your astronomy talk sounds outstanding. You are fortunate to be in the midst of so much wonder!