Daddy's Christmas Angel

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Caring for All Creatures - Blogging Challenge A to Z

"All Creatures Great and Small" ©Mary Montague Sikes
For today's A to Z Blog Challenge, "Caring for All Creatures" is the phrase that came to me. I selected this watercolor painting, on Yupo, as the image that denotes my thoughts for this subject.

"All Creatures Great and Small" tells the story of the tiniest microbe, invisible to the eye, that lies hidden in the rocky terrain of Xanadu. I think of the endangered animals, hunted by lost souls, who care only for the prized horns or antlers. On Xanadu, that would not happen. Even the rocky roads and ledges are beautiful there where all creatures are treasured.

6 comments:

Birgit said...

It saddens me when people get a thrill from killing an animal just for sport or for tusks or feet because they think it will help their manhood. They should be charged! Love this bright painting because I think of the great reefs that are so colourful and are created by tiny microbes that grow

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Birgit. I always enjoy your comments.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That painting is gorgeous.

Trophy hunting is just stupid. What a waste.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Diane, thank you. You are right about trophy hunting!

Anstice Brown said...

What a beautiful painting! I share your thoughts about caring for all creatures-I wish more people would see that they're not just resources for us to exploit.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Tizzy Brown. Perhaps one day they will.