Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, April 9, 2018

Higher Flow of Consciousness - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Reaching Higher" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Higher Flow of Consciousness" is my phrase for today's A to Z Blogging Challenge. What true writer, what true artist does not seek to attain a higher state of consciousness? We are always reaching higher, longing to know more.

Today's painting, "Reaching Higher", demonstrates the thoughts and anguish of the artist's journey as she reaches to gain more universal knowledge. The colors in the actual watercolor painting on Yupo are far more intense than those captured in this photograph. There are many details to study, not visible here. A pathway of yellow light reaches upward from the earth blue to where vibrant red energy lives. That energy expands and explodes into forever.

What about you? Do you seek a higher flow of consciousness?

3 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - yes I hope I'm trying to reach higher ... and help others and myself as much as possible ... I can see 'picture' you're painting for me to see ... and yes I reach towards the sun ... and that energy to use properly and effectively - cheers Hilary

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Hilary. Yes, always reaching to the light is a good way to live.

Birgit said...

Oh yes...this reminds me of a balloon lifting us to a higher plain of existence. The yellow is the perfect colour for this liftingof one’s self.