Daddy's Christmas Angel

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Joy Rises From the Light - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Joy Rises" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Joy Rises From the Light" is today's phrase that evolved in my thoughts as I considered the A to Z Blogging Challenge for 2018. Each phrase for the Challenge is illustrated by a painting from my home where Angel View Studio lives. Most of the paintings are created on Yupo using those beautiful Robert Doak intense watercolors. That is definitely true of today's work, "Joy Rises".

The light is in the bottom left corner of this painting. Waves of energy bubble out from the vibrant yellow light. Isn't that what joy is all about--bubbling, happy drive and vitality?

Does my painting represent joy to you? What is your most joyful experience?

4 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - I'd love to wrap myself in it ... and feel those colours, experience them and know they are around me ... Joy rising ... great idea and painting ... cheers Hilary

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Hilary. I love the Doak colors.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

That's a cool visual interpretation of joy. I think joy is joy, not one instance less or more joyful. :-)

Birgit said...

I am playing catch up since I was gone on the weekend and the wi-fi was lousy. This does bring a joy to my face with the bright colours. I think of my animals who greet me at the door...that includes my hubby😁