Daddy's Christmas Angel

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Karma Follows Me - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Karma Follows Me" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Karma Follows Me" is my phrase for A to Z Blogging Challenge for today. My painting for this entry is different from all the rest. It is acrylic paint instead of watercolor and is on Arches Aquarelle paper instead of Yupo. That makes quite a difference.

To me, the image is quite powerful. Much can be read into it. There is texture and a doorknob leading to where I do not know. I have no idea the meaning of the phrase, but I am pondering it.

What do you think about karma? What are your feelings about this work on a very different surface?

3 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That one is very different from the others you've posted. It's a whole different mood.

Birgit said...

This is different from the rest and dark...as if one has a bad day and wants to open the door but it even has a strap across it making it more difficult. I feel as if the door represents our immediate negative thoughts of not wanting to open the door but I bet it will be beautiful on the other side, we just don't know it and decide to concentrate on the negative. Maybe I am reading too much into it...

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Diane and Birgit, this is quite interesting. I wonder if you would see it as dark and a different mood if this had been the first painting I posted. It really strikes me as very different and lacking in joy from the earlier paintings full of light and a dreamlike quality. I love, Birgit, that you are reading much into it.