Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, April 13, 2018

Lucid Thoughts Lead Dreams - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Lucid Thoughts, My Dreams" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Lucid Thoughts Lead Dreams" is the phrase that came to me for today's A to Z Blogging Challenge. All those words are tantalizing. What can they mean all together? I want always to be lucid in my thoughts. Dreams of all kinds are important to me. So what is the art for these words?

Once again, I am back to the Robert Doak intense watercolors on Yupo. There is much to see in "Lucid Thoughts, My Dreams". Look closely at the image. My ever-present dragonfly is there, center-front, foremost. An evil-eyed creature lingers. More and more figures arise from within the painting.

What do you see? Lucid thoughts are startling, driven, and appealing.

4 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - I do love the art works ... such wonderful colours ... I don't think I've ever come across lucid thoughts leading to a dream ... but certainly will contemplate it ... cheers Hilary

Birgit said...

I see a phoenix amidst the bright colours and think of this in a warm, appealing way which is how one should think of lucid dreaming. I have lucid dreams on occasion and it is eye opening while dreaming so this painting seems to fit.

Anstice Brown said...

I think this one is my fave so far, beautiful combination of colours.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Hilary, Birgit, and Tizzy for your comments.