Daddy's Christmas Angel

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Watchers Are Among Us - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Watchers Among Us" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Watchers Are Among Us" is my phrase for today's A to Z Blogging Challenge. This is a little eerie. I suppose with all the devices around us, there have to be unknown watchers of all of us. My painting indicates that, I think.

People with cell phones; video cameras hidden. They are everywhere, making us safe. Or not.

This encaustic painting says a lot about the possibilities. I'm not going to say what I see. Are you?

2 comments:

Birgit said...

I actually found this painting unsettling like a Picasso painting that has faces watching with eyes and teeth. On the other hand the golden hues used bring a warmth to the painting as if it shields us from the eyes

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Birgit, I find it unsettling as well. Yet, it has many facets that call to me.