Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, April 27, 2018

Xanadu Holds My Lantern - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Chasing Dreams" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Xanadu Holds My Lantern" is my phrase for today's A to Z Blogging Challenge. For a while, I have been painting about my search for Xanadu, that special place where goodness and beauty reign. Somewhere in space, such a place exists. That is my dream. We need that destination to counteract the evil that sometimes seems to prevail everywhere around us.

So much can be found in this painting which is Robert Doak watercolors on Yupo. The light is there, but broken. Colors bleed and shift.

Please tell me what you see. Is there hope for Xanadu found?

2 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - love your Xanadu ... and oh aren't we all searching ... still we learn as we search - cheers Hilary

Birgit said...

Xanadu is something we all search for and sometimes we forget that we make our own Xanadu. We can decide to look at the greys of the buildings and complain about the rain which many do but how many forget to talk about the warmth of the sun and the beautiful colours one sees every day. I love this painting because I see the beautiful colours that are rich and vibrant made even more brilliant by the whiteness of the sun.