Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, April 1, 2016

"A" is for Aching Heart #atozchallenge



Aching Heart ©Mary Montague Sikes
"A" is for Aching Heart. As a writer of romance novels, I find nothing more important than the human heart and what it symbolizes in our lives. Trials of the heart are a big part of country western music, and who can ever forget the heart images found in art?

When I decided to create a heart art painting for this year's "A to Z Blog Challenge", I selected a 24" x 48" canvas for the project. I also pulled out a large art pad and planned the art hearts for each of the 26 letters of the alphabet. Today's heart, painted with acrylics on canvas, is the first of those creations for "So Many Hearts Dancing in the Air". I'm excited and looking forward to a big new painting different from anything I've done before to be finished in my studio at the end of April.

I apologize to visitors who were expecting travel blog posts here. The call to create art was far too strong, and I could not resist it.

A to Z Challenge

14 comments:

Tasha Duncan-Drake said...

I love acrylics - so vibrant. Great way to start the AtoZ.
Tasha
Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

Nilanjana Bose said...

Beautiful and vivid! Is your medium going to match the letter of the day too?! That's just awesome.


Best,
Nilanjana.
Madly-in-Verse

Ericka @ A Quiet Girl's Musings... said...

What an interesting endeavor! I look forward to seeing more throughout the month!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your artwork is beautiful - no apologies!

Anonymous said...

This is what I love about the #Challenge, finding new sites, and being a part of your new approach from A to Z. Have fun. FYI: I started with YOU because we share close numbers on the participate list. Come and see what I am up to if you have time.

Unknown said...

Mary,

Great and unique post! I love the heart! I'm looking forward to seeing/reading the rest of your posts.

If you get a chance, please stop by my post! I'm new to this and I'd be so very grateful for any feedback.

Thanks,
Bathsheva

https://www.bathshevagladstone.com

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - there you go - your heart calls and you followed the right passion ...

Me too - I'm looking forward to seeing your full canvas at Z ... cheers Hilary

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Natasha, Nilanjana, thank you for your comments. Acrylics starts with A, but I won't be able to find 26 different painting materials for my work that start with the letter of the day. Great idea, though.

Thank you, Alex!

Stepheny, thanks for visiting. Sadly, I couldn't find your post for today. Maybe another day.

Bathsheva, thank you! I stopped by to visit.

Hilary, thanks for your visit and comments!

Random Musings said...

Beautiful painting for "A" and a great start to the challenge :)
Debbie

Yolanda Renée said...

Love it!
I struggled with the heart tugs in my latest release. Detective Quaid and his struggle to survive the elements, the accusations, but also the loss of his love. I'm enjoying your creativity! Happy A to Z - ing!


Thank you for posting for the A to Z!
Ninga Minion @YolandaRenee from
Defending The Pen
Parallels
Murderous Imaginings

Birgit said...

This is excellent! i love the heart and the 2 tones that, to me, represent the aching heart...as if broke in 2 just from the colours on the heart. love the background also-wonderful!

Unknown said...

Love the colors in your piece--such a stark contrast between the red of the heart and the blue background.

Rhonda Albom said...

Beautiful. It looks 3D.

Lorena G. Sims said...

Very nice!