Daddy's Christmas Angel

Saturday, April 9, 2011

"H" is for Huatulco, Exotic on Mexico's West Coast

For the Passenger to Paradise, Hualtulco became a dream destination. It's been more than 20 years since I visited this resort location, but vivid memories remain etched in my mind. The light was clear and crisp. From our bed we could view the dark starry night sky and watch star formations I'd never before seen.

Huatulco is actually a scenic nine-bay area located well below Acapulco on the Pacific coast of Mexico. We spent a week there at a Club Med that later closed. Some of our most memorable experiences came from side trips taken by air and by bus. A two-hour bus trip took us to the quaint fishing village of Puerto Escondido which was wonderful for shopping and local color. The more important side trip was to the Mayan ruins at Palenque which was reached by flight on a six-passenger Cessna 414.

What travels have left the most vivid memories for you? What places would you like to revisit? I'm happy the A to Z Blog Challenge has given me the chance to recall so many travel memories!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get out more. Living in SOuthern California there is so much to do arund here. So we do our thing from San Diego to Santa Barbara and all points inbetween.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Stephen, you live in the most gorgeous area. You don't need to leave to discover tropical splendor. Our part of Virginia has dreadful humidity during the summer months, so I'm thrilled at any chance to visit the tropics, the west coast of Mexico, or most anywhere else.

N. R. Williams said...

When the kids were little we took them to a Dinosaur Museum in Dinosaur Utah, just across the Colorado border. It was great fun.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Unknown said...

Huatulco sounds wonderful. I spent my junior year of college studying in Spain and I visited so many gorgeous sites. I'm not sure I can pick one.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Nancy and Kris, thanks for sharing your experiences. My children loved anything to do with dinosaurs! Lucky you, Kris to have the experience of studying in Spain!