Daddy's Christmas Angel

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Exciting News!

I just learned from my publisher that A Rainbow for Christmas is now available as a Kindle book from Amazon. That's exciting news for me because I made five resolutions for 2012, and the first one is about marketing e-books. Here's my list:

1. Study the market for e-books. Look at results for Kindle, Nook Books, and more.
    I now have seven books available on Kindle, so the e-book market is growing ever more important for me in my marketing plans.

2. Make a plan and follow it. Spend 30 minutes a day, twice a week, checking out leads for marketing.  
    I wonder how many of you are doing that. An hour a week is not a lot of time. I suspect most of you are spending more time than that.

3. Keep a book with records of marketing leads. Record what works.
    Having a little book I can pick up, hold in my hands and check out what I've done or plan to do, contact names and numbers, and much more is extremely important. Each book needs its own section separated with colored Post-its. It doesn't hurt if the record book is red or another bright color that stands out. I haven't started that book yet, but I plan to begin later this week.

4. Blog about marketing and promotion one day a week.
    This is a worthy goal because what you learn can help others. Networking is essential in a good marketing plan.

5. Work on a new book with the e-book market in mind.
    So many of the folks I follow are self-publishing new e-books. I'm watching and learning from them. Since e-books can be any length, they don't take forever to write. For those, like me, who are technically challenged, this may not be as easy as it sounds.

Do you have New Year's resolutions that involve marketing? If you do, please post links to your plans. It's exciting to consider all the possibilities!




Art Show

I'll be one of the Virginia artists in a group show hosted by John Paxton of Claris Financial for their Third Anniversary Open House Party, Thursday, January 12, 2012 from 4-7 p.m. If you're in the area, please come by for hors d' oeuvres, music, and socializing at 4551 Cox Road, Suite 220 Glen Allen, VA.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes - do everything I can to successfully launch CassaFire next month!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

You stay on top of things, Alex. Know the book will do great. Thanks for commenting.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - well done .. it's great we can learn from other bloggers too - cheers for now - Hilary

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Hilary! Glad you stopped by.