Daddy's Christmas Angel

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Discovering Book Reviews Along the Way and a Jaguar

 Authors always enjoy discovering a positive book review for one of their creations. I found this today when I went to the Barnes and Noble Nook Books site. It's part of a five-star review by Sandra Heptinstall for Jungle Jeopardy, my adventure novel set in Central America.

"This book is filled with adventure, suspense, love and mystery. You will walk along with Dana, Clifton, Tyler and Mick, as they make their way through a wild jungle trying to find a lost cave that is filled with all types of treasures that Dana's grandfather hid there.

They are confronted with drug dealers, and a black jaguar that Dana called Billy, that follows them and has saved them more than once. I have really enjoyed this book, and know that if you like suspense, adventure, mystery and a romance that came alive again you will enjoy this book. It has something for everyone. Rated G"

"Billy, the Jaguar" copyright MMSikes
Knowing that someone else has discovered and enjoyed your book is always satisfying for the author. I'm glad this reviewer mentioned Billy, the jaguar. I hadn't planned to include a jaguar in my story; then, suddenly, he just appeared. At first, I thought he would be dangerous, but things changed, and my heroine, Dana, gave him a name...

I hadn't planned to paint him, but I did. And I hadn't planned to write about him today.

But I did.

--Mary Montague Sikes



I'm being interviewed at Romancing the Heart. Please stop by and visit.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's always the stuff we don't plan on that others enjoy most!

Vonnie said...

Sometimes, the unplanned art & writing is the dearest to our heart! Nice blog.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks for visiting, Alex! Unplanned stuff always catches me by surprise. How does it happen?!!!

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Vonnie, you are so right! Thanks for the compliment and the visit!