Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, April 4, 2016

"C" is for Chaotic Heart #atozchallenge


A to Z Challenge
"Chaotic Heart" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"C" is for Chaotic Heart on day 3 of the A to Z Blog Challenge. As a writer and reader of romance, I know that the chaotic heart exists. This traumatic heart often confuses the heroine of books. Perhaps something happens in the story to cause her to believe the love of her life has found another love. Her heart is troubled and she faces chaos. It is a dark turn for story.
"From my sketchbook - pastels" ©Mary Montague Sikes

I have a sketchbook to help me plan the hearts for the 24" x 48" painting I am working on during the A to Z Challenge. This is page one of the pastel sketches that I am using very loosely for the little paintings on the canvas. Today's painting did not turn out quite as planned. I had already created a strong under-texture for my heart, and painting small symbols and designs over this base did not seem quite right. Having little working drawings is a big help though no matter how far I might depart from them. This is fun, and the big painting is developing.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like today's heart. It has depth.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Alex!

Nilanjana Bose said...

I like the shadow of the heart, a little darkness to it. Makes it more real.


Best wishes,
Nilanjana
Madly-in-Verse

Cynthia said...

Sometimes in romance stories, I find the "chaotic heart" might be in battle with what its more cerebral cousin, the "logical mind."

Yolanda Renée said...

Wonderful representations. Love the way your colors add depth!

Happy April 4th!
Ninga Minion @YolandaRenee from
Defending The Pen
Parallels
Murderous Imaginings

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Mary,

Nicely done. I think your theme is highly creative and unusual! Looking forward to the finished piece!

Birgit said...

This is quite an effective rendering of a chaotic heart. I love it