Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, April 24, 2017

"T" is for Trust - #A to Z Blogging Challenge

"T" is for Trust in my Spirit Visions project. This is important in spiritual words. I remember the hymn, "Trust and Obey", when I see this word. Of what does my little watercolor painting, 4" x 6", remind you?

"Trust, Spirit Vision" ©Mary Montague Sikes

Trust

I trust the breeze that blows
To be a gentle, safe wind
That touches lightly in my hair
And sends laughter into the trees.

I trust the rain to fall upon the flowers
Bringing up bright July blossoms
That sprinkle perfumed scents
Into joyful garden beds.

I trust a friend to smile
In a lovely special way
To let me know all is well
As the sun glows in a dawn sky. 

From afar, someone I cannot see 
Watches over the earth and me.
His gaze oversees the roses
That fade into the last sunset.

Mary Montague Sikes


 

3 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I love how that has every color of the rainbow.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Diane!

Birgit said...

Your painting reminds me of of roots that grab into the earth and hold everything together. I love this poem that speaks of nature-wonderfully written