Daddy's Christmas Angel

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Inspiration in the Charge - Blogging Challenge A to Z

"Charging" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Inspiration in the Charge" is the phrase that came to me for today's A to Z Blogging Challenge. Oftentimes, images appear on their own when I use Robert Doak's intense watercolors on Yupo. Today's painting is no exception.

In "Charging", colors mix and glow; symbols grow out of the paint. I am fascinated and caught up in an hypnotic storm. Thoughts evolve, and I study it in wonder. What is the meaning of the white dot that draws my eye to it?

"Do you see what I see; do you hear what I hear?" are the words that come to me from nowhere. Words of another writer, and I do not know the name.

Take a look at this painting. Do you find inspiration in the charge?

This painting glows and shifts. As I worked on the surface, the colors flowed irregularly, taking on a personality of their own. I love the painting and the colors in it.


4 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I see a dragonfly in the image. Wasn't a dragonfly on one of your covers?

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Yes, Diane. Thanks for remembering my dragonfly cover. It is a symbol for me.

Birgit said...

I do t mean this in a bad way but I see..fallopian tubes and I am not one for children but I see this as so very positive painting. I love these colours and how the blues flow nicely into purples.

J Lenni Dorner said...

It's an amazing image. Great work. I'm glad you shared this. It's great to look at. Have a happy A to Z.