Daddy's Christmas Angel

Monday, April 30, 2018

Zest is Our Life Blood - A to Z Blogging Challenge

"Zest is Life Blood" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Zest is Our Life Blood" is my phrase for today's A to Z Blogging Challenge. Zest is the perfect word to close out my posts. After all, enthusiasm and passion are synonyms for zest, and I have great passion for art and for the response it inspires.

Today's painting is experimental. I love to experiment with art. Years ago, I created work using scraps of colored Plexiglas embedded in Celluclay (instant papier mache). It was fun and created dialog. I enjoyed the sculptural quality of the work.

"Zest is Life Blood" is cold wax and oil on two-inch thick Styrofoam that is 18" x 18". (I couldn't resist using this material when it was given to me.) Once again, I see a lot in this piece of art. It overflows with zest, enthusiasm, and passion. Life blood is the basis for this painting. Images lurk throughout.

What are your feelings? Should last be first?

Which pieces of my art do you like best? Which materials?



4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The elements together look like giant brushstrokes.
Well done of finishing the Challenge.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - you are so clever with your art ... I know so little - yet am ready to learn ... zest as life-blood ... that will take some thinking about ... take care and congratulations on achieving all the A-Zs - Hilary

Birgit said...

The colour red is of blood but blood brings life, passion and, yes, zest! Great end to your beautiful A to Z and enjoyed each piece

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Alex, thank you.

Hilary, thanks!

Birgit, thanks to you.

I appreciate everyone who took interest in the paintings I connected to the phrases I created for the Challenge. Thank you for following.