Daddy's Christmas Angel

Thursday, January 2, 2020

The Year 2020, Let the Marketing Plan Begin

Here we are in the year 2020. This year always seemed so far away. The number has a special ring to it.

1818. 1919. Those years don't sound nearly as special. Perhaps the "Roaring 20s" of the 20th Century make it sound a bit foreboding. I don't know.

For the year 2020, I'm not making any resolutions--only plans. My first plan is to write a blog each week for this year.

My second plan is to write about my marketing discoveries and ideas. I have a lot to learn about marketing, so research will be key to fulfilling my plans.

For this week, my plan for writing is to revitalize my Goodreads connection. Long ago, I had books on Goodreads and probably an author's page. Now, I don't recall what I did or how. Getting things up-to-date and going on the Goodreads web site will require some time, but I am determined.

Blog first, then Goodreads. That's my plan.

Also, along the way, I need to filter in my artist as well as writing plans. This week, I plan to enter the Gloucester Arts on Main juried show. That requires choosing photos of work to enter and will take some time. Also, "Winter Blues" is an invitational art show, of which I am a par,t at Gloucester Arts on Main in Gloucester, VA with an opening on January 3, 6 to 8 p.m. that I plan to attend. My 4' x 6' oil painting and a pastel painting are part of this show. The oil painting has not been on view ever in this area. It was part of my Graduate Thesis Show at Anderson Gallery (Virginia Commonwealth University) in Richmond, VA and a One-Person Show at 20th Century Gallery in Williamsburg, VA.

People often don't keep their new year's resolutions, but plans are more difficult to discard. I intend to keep my plans going throughout the new year.

2 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Plans and goals are much more likely to happen. They are dreams with deadlines. Good luck with yours, Mary.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, Diane. I agree!