Daddy's Christmas Angel

Sunday, January 1, 2012

An Author's Dream--Having a Reader Love All Your Books

Customer awaits signing at bookstore event


At one of my last book signings for 2011, I had a wonderful reader come up and buy a copy of each of my novels and more than one copy of a couple of them. What a delight! Isn't that every author's dream--to have readers love your books? It makes me wonder what will happen if everyone gets an e-reader. Will some people still want a "real" book to hold in their hands?

I hope so.

My wish for 2012 is more readers who love my books. It makes life as a writer feel worthwhile!



On Friday, January 6, Diana Cosby, International best-selling author, will be my first ever blog guest. She will give away a copy of her latest novel, His Destiny, to one of the folks who comment on her post. Please stop by for a visit.

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That sounds awesome, Monti! Very happy for you. I'll be sure to visit you Friday for your first guest.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Alex, for your great support all the time!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti .. that would have made my day too .. great to see you with one of your paintings on show.

Good luck with all things in 2012 .. have fun - cheers Hilary

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Hilary! The photo is of my customer when she was purchasing the books. I created the painting for my book signings.

Mrs. April Hayden said...

I left a message on my FB page as well. This inspires me to write a book of my own. I still want to purchase books for my 9 grandchildren and to hold a real book in my hands to read any day.Thank you Mary for such an informative site. I'm so glad that I was introduced to join in by Monti.Thank you and Happy New Year! Mrs. April Hayden

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thank you, April! I hope you will write your book. I would love to hear what you think about mine. Please send me a link to your FB page.