Daddy's Christmas Angel

Friday, April 20, 2018

Responding to the Night - A to Z Blogging Challenge



"Night Sky Over Crater Lake" ©Mary Montague Sikes
"Responding to the Night" is the phrase I received for today's A to Z Blogging Challenge. I don't like the darkness of night and never have. That means I have no painting I think is suitable for these words. I do have a photograph I took several years ago of the night sky over Crater Lake in Oregon. Each morning while we were there, I got up with my daughter to photograph the 5 a.m. sky as the sun was beginning to rise over the scenic lake.

"Night Sky Over Crater Lake" is very mysterious, I think, especially the moon in the sky. In the distance, morning light is beginning to show behind the mountain. Crater Lake is a lovely destination for photographers where they can enjoy "Responding to the Night".


Do you respond to the night?





3 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Monti - lovely photo ... just amazing to see; and yes, I can understand you not liking the night, yet responding to it makes sense and will make me think more as the summer nights come along - cheers Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think it's very effective!

Birgit said...

Your photo is beautiful and I find it interesting that daybreak is beginning than the night beginning. You seem to not care for the night but, to me, the night brings out creatures like the bat and owl and even the raccoon and skunk. The night brings a starry sky of the heavens. I have seen the night be black as black can be but I have seen it a beautiful blue and even a light brownish look where one can see so clearly and the snow glittering like diamond dust from the moon.